Living ADDventure® (Living ADDventure®) is a South African based organisation, based in johannesburg, Gauteng and is dedicated to assisting people with ADD and ADHD to live healthy, confident and productive lives. We provide ADHD coaching and training worldwide via Zoom and our online website Living ADDventure® Training
Founded by Dave Pughe-Parry in 2000 after being diagnosed with ADHD in his mid forties, Dave has dedicated his life to helping others understand ADHD and the myriad of conditions that co-occur with it.
Dave has been coaching since 200. Dave has trained more than 6 000 teachers since 2013.
The coaching methodology Dave has developed embraces the whole family and teachers where appropriate. ADHD can't be managed in isolation.
In 2007 Head of Paediatrics at Free State University Prof Andre Venter recommended that Living ADDventure® be listed as a supplier of services to PANDA - the Paediatric and Neurological Developmental Association in South Africa. All leading medical professionals in the paediatric field are members of this body.
ADHD, being a complex condition is not "cured" nor even "managed" by a single treatment or methodology. Living ADDventure® therefore is firmly multi-disciplinary in its approach to helping those with the condition to live contented and productive lives. These include in order of importance:
- Acceptance that it is a Family Condition and that the whole family need to work together in an environment of love and mutual support. Extended family, the school and/or workplace all have a role to play.
- Appropriate ADHD Medication enables the person with ADHD to manage their distraction so that they can make the necessary behaviour changes. As the ADDer learns to manage his or her life they may not need the medication in the future or may only need it at certain times.
- ADHD Coaching which is significantly different from life skills coaching or therapy. It is necessary to help the ADDer learn life skills which have been missed due to problems with distraction in childhood. Learning these skills enables the ADDer to build a track record of success and build self esteem.
- Occupational and other Therapies assist the ADDer with sensory issues and other physical and intellectual disabilities that may be present
- A pragmatic approach to Nutrition – ADDers frequently have issues with textures of foods and are therefore regarded as fussy eaters. By following sound nutrition principles but being flexible in the implementation thereof reduces anxiety and family trauma
- Exercise for those with ADHD provides a release from hyperactivity but must be in a format that is not boring and repetitive.
Living ADDventure® provides individual and family ADHD Coaching via ZOOM, ADHD Impairments Assessments and talks, training and workshops for parents, adults, teens, educators and medical professionals interested in ADHD.